Bloody Otakus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bloody Otakus

Being Covered In Blood Never Felt So Good

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to play in an RPG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mae
Admin
Mae

Location : In a hole, plotting to get rid of all the Mecha anime

How to play in an RPG Empty
PostSubject: How to play in an RPG   How to play in an RPG Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 10:43 pm

An RPG (Role-Playing Game) is a story that many people write together. When a person posts a part of a story, the next person must continue the story but only with the character they created.

RPing is quite simple once you get it.

First of all, there are many different types of RPing but the only kind allowed on here is what I like to call 'Story RPing'.

Story RPing is just like writing a story, only you control one character and the plotline is not entirely up to you.

------------

EX:

Jesse didn't quite know what was happening. Last thing he remembered was going to sleep and now, he was surrounded by LLAMAS!
"What the heck is going on here?" Jesse said to himself

-------------

Normally, in a RP, you can only control one character but sometimes adding secondary characters are nessasary.

Secondary characters are characters anyone can control. They usually don't do much in the story.

So let's say in the above story, Jesse is the RPer's main character but sensing the need to have another character, adds Larry the Llama as a secondary character.

------------\

EX:
'You are in the hands of the Llamas now' A voice echoed over Jesse's head

Jesse's head spun around, trying to find the source of the noise. He looked up and saw a Llama hanging from the ceiling.

"Who are you?" Jesse said. He was suprised to see that Llamas could climb that high.

"I'm Larry the Llama, the king of this realm" The Llama mouth moved as the words came out

"Why am I here?" Jesse tried to ask but the Llama was already gone

Jesse sat down and cried.

--------------------

So the next poster might use Larry the Llama for something else.

It's pretty obvious who the main and secondary characters are in this story.

Now the above story is a pretty good start.

Now for the other posters!

The next poster will try to find a way into the story by creating their own character!

-------------

Ex:

Mae was so confused! She was in a room surrounded by Llamas after going to bed. Where was she?

Suddenly she heard someone crying through the wall. She moved over to the wall and looked through a peephole. Through it, she saw a boy crying his eyes out

'Hey kid!" Mae said, loudly 'Why are you crying?"

-------------

And so on and so forth.

To put it in the simplest way, you are basically continueing the story with your own character!

This goes on and on until the RP is finished or it dies.

This is the best explaination I can give. If you need any help, feel free to contact me or Shadow.

Have fun
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

How to play in an RPG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bloody Otakus :: General Stuff :: RP-
Jump to: